Society is full of people doing the same as everyone else. Settling for an average existence, not taking ownership and following through with what they said we were going to do.
Now there's nothing wrong with being average if that's what you want to do, but you won't ever do anything extraordinary. You'll be bland at best and most likely end up cynical and bitter. The best thing you can do for yourself now is start holding yourself to a higher standard by developing your own "code of living". In other words, having some values and standards that guide you. The best thing about this is, they're you're values and standards for living your life the way you want, without violating the rights of others of course.
In saying that, it's almost impossible to stay the path your whole life. The best of us fall off the horse every now and then but that's where taking ownership comes into it. If you fuck up, be man enough to own it and move on. You don't need to be reminded of it either and anyone who keeps doing that to you deserves to be eliminated from your circle.
Here is a small list of things I put together that helps guide me and my behaviour, keeping myself accountable. As I said, we all fall off the horse at some point and I am no different but the difference between me and an uninspired quitter is, I take ownership and get back on my horse.
1. Keep your word. Mean what you say and say what you mean. Follow through with what you said you were going to do yesterday. That's how you build trust.
2. Be on time. There's nothing worse than dealing with people who are late. If you're late, it sends a bad signal to anyone serious about what they're doing. You look disorganized and you're disrespecting people by not valuing their time. Be respectful.
4. Listen and engage. Always listen to what is being said.
5. Have integrity. Live by your values and standards even if you're the only one doing, whether people are watching or not.
6. Seek perfection. Be the best example of your craft you can possibly be knowing that the irony is, you'll never reach perfection. There's a difference between seeking perfection and perfectionism. People who suffer from perfectionism usually never get started because they're waiting for the perfect time, the perfect conditions.
7. Go above and beyond. Most people in society, from lawyers to cleaners, do barely enough to get paid these days Go above and beyond by going the extra mile. Be invaluable because no one is indispensable.
8. Stand up and speak up for the voiceless and downtrodden. Show compassion.
9. Stand against cruelty to animals. Animals have a right to be here just as much as you do. We need to survive and eating is a part of survival obviously so if you're killing for that reason, do so as humanely as possible so the animal doesn't suffer.
10. Be of service. Help others win, achieve and succeed
11. Be nice to people on the way up, you never know who you're going to meet on your way down. You don't need to be an asshole about being successful. There's enough sun for everybody and when you get to the top, send the elevator of success back down.
12. Always do your very best, without violating the rights of others.
What is your code of living?
#iamrammfit #testd #itaintwrongtobestrong #whatyouseekisagameyoucanwin